Tuesday, August 26, 2014

3 Down 6 To Go

As I approached the third week of bodybuilding contest prep, I began to see my muscle volume increase.  This created some excitement for the next 6 weeks when my muscle volume will be at a maximum level, and my body fat will be in the sub 5% range.  This is a tricky task as the inputs must be almost perfect and recovery is paramount. 
Most people bulk up, then lose size going into the contest.  After years of experimenting with various contest prep regiments, I have found that it is now simple to gain size and lose fat at the same time.  Some experts say it is not possible, but here I go again...  Experience and expert have the same root meaning, so I guess my experience and its success make ME an expert!  Just maybe...  With only 9 weeks to prepare it better work again!  No time for mistakes.

2 comments:

  1. How much are you weighing now? I'm at around 12.5% BF.... 5% yikes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil, I weigh about 182 right now. I will probably weigh 179-180 on stage.

    ReplyDelete